Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Little Advice on Tall Boots


I absolutely LOVE over the knee boots. I got my pair four or five years ago on sale before they were popular. People were always giving me really strange looks when I'd wear them out, but now I'm getting TONS of compliments. The only problem with my boots is that since I got them on sale, my actual size wasn't available - I had to go a size up, which isn't too bad but it makes them a little difficult to walk in sometimes. I'm considering talking to my cobbler and seeing if there's any way the soles can be taken down a half size or so (not sure if that's even possible!)



I also think it's VERY difficult to wear over-the knee boots without looking like a hooker (hopefully I've pulled that off). My best advice is to keep the skirt short, but everything else long and NOT revealing. That's why I chose to pair them with this sweater dress - despite the short skirt, on one would ever accuse this dress of being too sexy on it's own! Finally, ALWAYS wear tights or something - don't show too much leg above the boots...


Sweater Dress: H&M
Boots: Steve Madden
Tights: Betsey Johnson
Belt: DIY out of gifted scarves

11 comments:

  1. love the hot pink, and you have fabulous legs for these boots! rock on, girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your legs must be a mile long! You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very un-hookerish :) I agree that is hard to do! haha. adorable outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lauren! I love over the knee boots too - I just bought a pair of flat suede ones. You're brave to wear high boots with heels - you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the boots and i can see how it is difficult but you definitely pull it off. you look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. im with you on that, these kinds of boots just scream sexy high fashion :) xo, lc

    www.fashionellenewyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those boots look fantastic, especially with the pink tights! It makes them look a bit more fun and casual.

    Thanks for your lovely comment.
    PS: I'm a Lauren too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are awesome! I love them with the pink tights, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so totally sexy in a non-hooker way! ;)

    Have you tried any insoles for the boots. Like Dr. Scholls, they help take up room.

    lululetty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. really awesome ! looking great and shoes just gorgeous..thanks for sharing .. i found something stylish for you just check DC Shoes uk...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great look!!! As a guy, the sweater dress and those killer boots would definitely turn my head!

    ReplyDelete