Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"Fur" Coat



My mom gave me this fantastic faux-fur coat for Christmas. She knew I'd been looking for one, and this one is fantastic because it's obviously fake. My philosophy on fur is if it's not real, it better be obviously fake. I'm not a big fan of fake fur that's trying to look real - it hardly ever works!

This outfit is from my night out to the Met Opera (to see Anna Netrebko in Tales of Hoffmann) - my black slip had already been worn a few time, so I layered the dress over a white tank. Bad plan, because the tank is obvious in the photo. Next time I travel with this dress, I'm going to be sure to bring more than one slip just in case...




these cone-stud fringe earrings are a fantastic purchase (50% off!) at a tiny accessory shop by NYU. I can't remember the name of the shop (Pretty Ladies, maybe?) but I'm in love with these earrings. I also got a two-finger angel wing ring that I'll show on here soon...




sporting my faux-fur with Peruvian accessories and looking a little like a crazy homeless lady at Rockefeller Center...

Faux Fur Coat: Kismet (Cincinnati)
Dress: Kismet
Belt: Abercrombie (old old old!)
Hat & Gloves: Ten Thousand Villages, handmade in Peru
Scarf: street stall, Hawaii (really a sarong)

3 comments:

  1. I have the same philosophy on faux fur coats...and I love yours! Great earrings too!

    Happy New Year, sweetie!

    xoxo
    Amy

    http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this faux fur coat, you lucky girl :)
    i hope you had fun at the opera!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love your coat! Mom Christmas presents are always the best!

    I was catching up on your blog posts, and the photos of you and your brothers are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete