Friday, January 29, 2010

Cleaning Day


sooo... first of all, let me apologize for looking so awful! I'm having a little dinner party tonight & I never do my makeup in the morning if I know I'm going to be needing it to look extra nice that night (I always like to look fresh when I'm fancy, and I hate taking off makeup that I put on in the morning just to put more back on!)

Anyway, I wanted to post something I relax in, and also I wanted to post this because this sweater is one of my favorite things. I've had it for about 10 years, and it's aged very nicely. It was one of my first pieces of clothing from a "high school" store & I wore it constantly in 7th grade. 




When I was a little kid, my mom dressed me VERY fashionably (I'll have to dig around & see what pictures I can find!) and I always got most of my clothes from the Limited Too & Gap Kids & places like that. It was a HUGE treat for my mom to FINALLY let me buy something at Abercrombie & Fitch when we went back-to-school shopping before 7th grade (my first year at my town's brand-new middle school). I picked this sweater and a pair of (I kid you not) army-green suede pants. I thought the pink on the top with green on the bottom made me look like a mermaid... or something...




Anyway, I still love this sweater, and I thank my mom for making me get it in a Large, even though the cool girls wore super-tight clothes. If I'd had my way, this sweater would be way too small now! The only thing I wish is that it was a little longer, instead of that awkward 90's not quite cropped but not long enough to wear with leggings length (optimal for showing an inch of belly with your low-rise flared jeans)

Do you guys have any pieces of clothing left over from childhood that you still love to wear??




I'm also loving this new nail polish... I need to take a better picture of it, but after I cleaned my kitchen & bathroom (in prep for the party) I manicured myself with this awesome new color I picked up at Sephora... It's called Blue Jean (I think... I'm too lazy to go get the bottle back out of my drawer) and it's deep navy with a lovely shimmer. I adore short nails with dark color, and this blue is great...




...awkward pose & weird eyes because my anti-redeye edit went a little bonkers...

Sweater: Abercrombie & Fitch (ca. 1999)
Jeans: BDG (urban outfitters)

2 comments:

  1. this sweater is so gorgeous and i love the pale pink shade. abercrombie definitely has changed in the style of their clothing over the past decade.
    and if i have to do my make-up later in the day i also try to keep my face make-up free until then so i don't have to do it twice. hope you had fun with your dinner party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would never know that the sweater is 10 years old! It is so on trend right now!!

    ReplyDelete