Thursday, June 10, 2010

poppies will put them to sleep...

soooo... a quick word about my new layout...

poppies are my favorite flower by a longshot. it sucks that you never see poppies in flower arrangements, because if they were easy to keep in vases, my room would be full of them all the time.

they're so delicate and papery, and fields of poppies look so gorgeous with the orangey red up against the green of the stems and the blue of the sky. i first fell in love with poppies as a tiny, tiny girl watching The Wizard of Oz - I always wanted to go curl up in that poppy field and fall asleep (not realizing how morbid that scene kind of was...).  it was compounded by my first trip to europe, where my family took a train through the countryside and we flew through field after field of beautiful poppies in france...

someday, if i ever get married, i'm going to find a way to have a bouquet of poppies. then, if i have a daughter, i bet you can guess what my first choice of names would be...

when i move out of my parents' house, i want to have a whole wall of poppy prints - here are some of my favorites...


red poppy: georgia o'keefe




poppies: jean picton




red poppy abstract: margaret little




boys, take note: never send me roses, always send me poppies

No comments:

Post a Comment