Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mixing Patterns


I've been admiring the way some of my favorite bloggers mix patterns. As a novice, I wanted to start mixing slowly. I've been REALLY loving these tights lately... I think I posted them a few days ago, but since I picked this skirt up at Target, I've been wanting to pair the two together. To keep the ensemble less busy but still work on the pattern mixing, I added this white T with very subtle grey stripes.



I really love the way this turned out!



plus, secret pockets!! I love skirt pockets...



T-Shirt: Gap
Skirt: Target
Tights: HUE

6 comments:

  1. ooooh I love the pattern mixing here! the dark patterned tights play off the black background of the skirt's print so nicely! And that skirt is lustworthy... I want! and the simple white tee was the perfect topper... you look gorgeous in this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love skirts with pockets too! Love having somewhere to stow the hands chicly...
    cute mix of texture and pattern.
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that skirt! Target is my Achilles heel when it comes to saving money. I have to avoid it at all costs. Anyways, I had a hard time styling it the first time around but I love how you worked it with a plain t-shirt. And I DIE for those patterned tights. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Tiffany
    areasontobefabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really really really love this outfit! the pattern mixing works perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute outfit! love the skirth

    ttp://www.littlevoguette.blogspot.com
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving it. Simple but trendy and chic.

    I love what you did with your nails on the last post. I did my nails like that a real long time ago and got a lot of compliments. Thank you for reminding me! I will do it again soon. Nice blog

    Would love for you to stop by mine
    http://heraid.blogspot.com :D

    ReplyDelete